View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 11:06 AM   #94 (permalink)
Macskyver
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamperBob View Post
PS - your aeroshell design shape was so much like the one I designed a few years ago. Sorry, I can't seem to find prior pix I posted (needle-haystack problem) and I can't seem to upload another copy this AM (some security token error -- whatever). Anyway, the basic shape was convex hull. In other words, no concavities to undermine flow attachment. So blend from cab profile to simple arch across back. I like you overhang feature. I really think it's gonna rock!
I sure hope so. At the very least, I should be able to sleep under it without getting wet. That for me will be a win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Aerocaps converge to a 'type'. I think what distinguishes yours is the CNC-cut parts. I know you said you weren't satisfied [rereading the original posts] but it looks from here to be light years ahead of anything cut by hand.
Yeah, the CNC sure makes things easy sometimes. It would be really awesome if there was some CFD in the mix, but that is outside the scope for this one. The good thing though is that I could probably rework the CAD files to make them parametric, so that with a few variable changes, anyone could prepare designs for whatever sized shell they want. Then anyone could at least print off templates to trace and hand cut if they don't have access to CNC.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macskyver For This Useful Post:
aerohead (09-20-2016), BamZipPow (09-21-2016), freebeard (09-19-2016), t vago (09-21-2016)