View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 02:15 PM   #119 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,226 Times in 4,653 Posts
li'l update

All the brake issues are resolved.I had to cut the second disc off as well.She stops good,she no longer pulls to the left,and a 60-mph vibration went away,all due to the single warped rotor.I can't complain.Those were original rotors and calipers that failed at 22-years/396,000-miles of service.And they failed close to home rather than out on the West Coast or something.
I took a load a trash to our dumpster, and carried stuff to recycling on the way to town,and then ordered a new set of OEM-sized,215 75R/15 Hankooks for the truck once I got to town.
They said to check back after 3:00 PM today to see if they came in.
I need the tires on the truck to know about all the actual clearances around them.I'm going to use the foam floor padding material to tightly close the gaps around the tires,letting the foam ablate from tire scrub to produce the minimum gap.
I've got an idea about the 'hour-glass' openings around the steering wheels as well that I want to play around with.
The hood vents worked out,cooling-wise,although they may have disrupted the airflow.That will be something to test for at the tunnel.
So,it's back to fabricating and real mischief!
BamZipPow (09-21-2016)