Thread: 2006 Aveo build
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 03:54 PM   #42 (permalink)
06Aveo43061
Stock MPG 22city/32 hwy

thanks for all the great information provided here. So far I've seen marketed improvements in my MPG. Currently got 120 miles on 1/4th a tank of gas (approx 2 1/2 gal) using simple Pulse and glide. Around 48mpg. I did get lucky and yesterday I got behind a cement truck that never went above 50 mph, allowed me to P&G on the freeway at 50 pulse, down to a 35mph glide. Even got off at my same exit. Made a huge difference being able to drive at those speeds for the whole 30 mile commute.

Last weekend I got the shaft on starting the mods. Rained all weekend. Hoping to get at the minimum my rust fixed and skirts on, and upper grill block. Have them all cut and ready to be installed, but have to fix the rust before I start slapping things over top of the metal.

Want to talk to my mechanic about getting a kill switch installed on the Aveo. Around 8 miles of my drive is isolated straight country roads, perfect for EOC. Only problem if I EOC coast now my dash shuts down. Doesn't track my mileage. Probably need to get a scangauge as well