View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 09:01 AM   #17 (permalink)
Fat Charlie
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackDuck View Post
..life is precious and I would hate to injure somebody just because I wanted to save a few cents.
So when a jaywalker doesn't look... Blame the economy guy! If only he'd had that wiper blade my poor, innocent so-and-so who should have waited for the light would still be alive. I was on an Amtrak run in California this summer and it stopped because, as they announced, "a freight train up ahead struck a trespasser." No, the train wasn't covered with pillows and the innocent pedestrian who was just minding his own business got (presumably) killed. Blame the freight train.

I, too, believe life is precious. I've put my own life and others' lives at great risk to avoid killing other people, which may or may not have been the best way to do the job I had at the time but I wasn't going to casually kill people just because they may have presented a threat (even though it would have been perfectly legal) to us. So I'm on board with not killing people, okay? But if something I do doesn't cause the problem, don't blame things I did for the fact the day didn't turn out all smiles and rainbows- people who have both wiper blades, for instance, can also be looking to the other side when said jaywalker pops out into the road while texting. A passenger side blade isn't going to save anyone there.

My tires are well inflated. That may reduce grip, but I drive well within the limits of grip. Don't look to me if someone causes a situation that I can't stop in time to avoid. My "mod" didn't cause anything even though it has the potential to make a bad situation worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fat Charlie For This Useful Post:
MobilOne (09-23-2016), pletby (09-22-2016)