View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 03:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
CivicMPG
EcoModding Lurker

'91 Civic - '91 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 35 mpg (US)
I plan on getting a vacuum gauge to try it out. I did my first fill up after 137 miles, was at 3/4 of a tank, but didn't know if the way I was driving was working or not so I filled up to get a MPG calculation. 34 mpg. So I was glad, but at the same time with all that I was doing I figured I would have gotten a little bit more. Not sure if the way I was accelerating is negating what I was gaining from all the coasting in neutral that I was doing, which was a lot, have have several good opportunities on my route to take it easy. So I definitely need something to give me instant gauge to get a better understanding of what I am doing is good and what is bad. But to get a better understanding of what my car does normally, this tank I am just going to drive "normal" without being conscious of trying to save gas and increase mpg, and see what it would get "normally", and then I can get a better idea of how my personal driving is improving upon it and go from there.

On a side note from that, the car did die on my going down the road again yesterday after work. I rolled to a stop and it started right back up. it doesn't run rough or have any hicups, it just died. Anyone have any ideas?