View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 08:41 PM   #79 (permalink)
deejaaa
Not banned yet

Blue - '03 Chevy S-10, LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101Volts View Post
Which engine's in that 93, is it a 6.2?
It is a 6.5. it came with that but i had to change it out when first bought because PO didn't install the starter brace and the ear broke off. it has a 98 6.5 now
I was reading about those and have thought of putting one in the Caprice albeit after modifications. (Turbo + Horsepower Mods)
would love to put one in a 1950 4 door chevy car. talk about fun!
I have been enjoying this Suburban, really. The seats are a lot better for me than those in the other cars I drive even though the suspension's stiffer than both the other cars, the Wagon being the coziest ride as far as the suspension's concerned.
mine is a 3500 so suspension is stiff but still love it.
Do you have experience with fuel additives?
be careful with additives not tested. and be aware of advertisers claims. i would only stick with the tried and true brands.
I've noticed Renewable Lubricants have a few I could directly order from them. PRI-D is another one and I haven't tried either and that same company has PRI-G for gasoline engines which I also wonder about. I wonder if there's data on the effectiveness of these compared to other additives such as the Diesel Kleen I've been using which, though it quiets the engine, I'm not sure how well it works? Well, a Google search may help now.
for a good injector cleaner, i use Liqui Moly Diesel Purge. use it straight from the can, not mixed in the tank. other than that, i use nothing else.
in bold
The Following User Says Thank You to deejaaa For This Useful Post:
101Volts (09-26-2016)