View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 10:35 AM   #55 (permalink)
MPGeo
EcoModding Apprentice

MPGeo - '93 Geo Metro Base
90 day: 67.51 mpg (US)
OK so I was able to finish the car... But not without it's challenges.

I had it all wired up, almost all plumbed up except for the radiator, and almost done. So I proceeded to adjust the clutch and noticed that it did not feel right. I was getting way too much travel on my release shaft, and didn't seem to be engaging... And then it hit me like a bag of bricks... I turned around and there it was, the release bearing, just staring insults at me

Yeap... I did it... I forgot to install the release bearing

So I had to take the starter out, left suspension, axles, mounts... hoist the engine and remove the transmission, all that... because I forgot to put it the bearing! So that set me back about 3hrs, but I got it all back together.

Primed the oil system by disconnecting the ignition coil and the fuel pump wiring, and cranking engine over via the starter several times until I felt comfortable enough that the oil pump had at least primed itself and had began the oiling process.

Then primed the fuel system and cranked the engine, ensuring oil pressure was registering... No leaks... Brought to good operating temp, and adjusted distributor timing to 6deg. adv.

Test drove around the block and let all the oils burn off... and triple checked all systems for leaks, engine temp, fan operation, oil pressure, lights-brakes-signals, wipers, fans...etc.

EVERYTHING CHECKED OUT GOOD!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	32.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	20607   Click image for larger version

Name:	34.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	20608   Click image for larger version

Name:	35.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	20609  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MPGeo For This Useful Post:
Daox (09-27-2016), Joggernot (09-27-2016)