View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 09:46 PM   #46 (permalink)
Chrysler kid
5 pin sensor

Zippy - '96 Honda Civic Hx
Team Honda
90 day: 40.77 mpg (US)

Boring - '11 Ford Fusion Sel
90 day: 21.88 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
Welcome back. So does the vacuum gauge help you stay in lean burn in any way besides the steady foot? Does it help you detect the transition to lean burn, for example? And do you have an UltraGauge, Scangauge, or other OBD2 data reading device, such as the torque app?
Never bothered to pay for instrumentation besides the basics. They couldn't monitor lean burn or accurately predict gas mileage, so I didn't see a reason. Vacuum gauge is an accurate reading of throttle position and engine performance. Because of the low gearing on the hx trans I would see better mileage with higher shift points with less throttle, but I've seen contradictory statements from expert hypermilers, my drive is 100% city and below 55mph for the most part

I had a small volt meter hooked to the secondary oxygen sensor power wire to the ecu to monitor lean burn. Secondary voltage would read .00 in lean burn. This was in a 96 hx that is in my signature

Not currently doing any Hypermiling or gas savings techniques in my current red hx, cost me $14 for my last tank of gas so kind of lack motivation. It's also getting extremely poor mileage, 34mpg. Both axles are shot and who knows what kind of compression the motor has left in it. The other black 97 hx I had and sold recently was getting 38-38mpg city but it was a low mileage car with name brand eco tires

This is what $1300 gets you these days for a straight HX that for whatever reason has a re-upholstered interior.

I do mostly maintenence modifications to my cars. Adds to resale value for the most part

My civic thread

Last edited by Chrysler kid; 09-27-2016 at 10:44 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Chrysler kid For This Useful Post:
California98Civic (09-28-2016)