View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 01:03 AM   #75 (permalink)
LittleBlackDuck
EcoModding Apprentice

CT - '11 Lexus CT200h Luxury
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPGeo View Post
So based on this info, and the fact that my tranny did come of a '91 SOHC 4cyl Swift... Then I have to assume that I do have a 3.52 and just got lucky with my speedometer accuracy!

However, in the near future I will lift the car and manually rotate the engine and compare engine revs vs tire revs as suggested by freebeard, just did not get a chance to do so today.

I did remove the tach I was using and tested it's accuracy against my Disco's OEM tach reading, and then against my Mazda's OEM tach reading... And the e-bay tach is in fact not accurate... as suspected... It is reading way lower than actual and not consistent enough between tests or between cars for me to bother with trying to figure out a % of inaccuracy to try to apply to the GEO... so I just removed and kept it off.

Will have to come up with a good tach option that doesn't involve $150 (going local price) for a factory 3cyl gauge cluster... And since now that my speedometer is know to be accurate, now I don't have to rush and buy a gauge set like I expected
use a cheap 6 cylinder tach and a calculator. Or do like I used to and re-mark the face with new values.

Simon

Last edited by LittleBlackDuck; 09-29-2016 at 01:33 AM..