View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 08:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
SoloOwners
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Jordan View Post
I read about this trike 2 months ago- now 2 months later; a body and ready to sell. Amazing! As nice as the Arcimoto is, it is still far away from full enclosure. This is slick in my opinion.
I agree, it is slick and I'm looking forward to driving mine sometime before 3Q of '17. Electra Meccanica will start production slowly. They plan on 10-20 units a month for the first few months. By April '17 they hope to have ramped up to 100 a month and after that they plan on producing them in quite large numbers. They've reportedly got in excess of 20,000 commercial reservations with inquiries for another 60,000.

Arcimoto has completed it's ETC version (the last SRK designated for all of the final changes before the production of the Signature Series). They will be producing the Signature Series in the very near future. The reason that Arcimoto had not produced an actual enclosure is: They didn't want to do that until they had an absolute final production version of the SRK done. In other words, why go to all the extra work and expense to make a new and different enclosure for every new and improved SRK prototype? That was the explanation from Arcimoto. It makes sense to me. Rest assured that Arcimoto will have an enclosure available for the SRK when the it goes into production. BTW, I also have the SRK Owners Forum.

DiscjockeyDale

Last edited by SoloOwners; 09-29-2016 at 08:41 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoloOwners For This Useful Post:
botsapper (10-12-2016), Christopher Jordan (10-14-2016)