View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 09:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
MPGee
'07 Toyota Matrix - 36MPG

Small Red - '07 Toyota Matrix
90 day: 37.49 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhigh View Post
Welcome!

Too bad about the auto, but hey - it's ecomodder, not ecoshopper. The point is to make the best of what you have.

EPA rating is only 27? WTH? I mean, I know the revisions shifted everything downward, but dang.

36 is good. Start a garage page for your ride and you can keep track, which is EVERYTHING, as I'm sure the Scangauge has shown you. If you don't measure it, you can't manage it, and the garage page and Scangauge (which definitely counts as a mod - it didn't come stock, did it?) are all about helping you manage.
Thanks, elhigh!

Ya, 27 is ... not good, for a car of its size... I was actually gonna buy a Honda Fit, but at the end of 2006, during the fuel crunch, Honda Fit supplies were strained, and dealers were selling them for a $2-3K premium on top of sticker. So this was option #2.

And what you're saying of making the best you've got, I agree entirely. When an acquaintance found out about this hobby of mine, she asked, "Why don't you just get a Prius and be done with it?" I explained to her that I would just pick up and continue doing the same things I'm already doing with my current car with the Prius...

And oh ya.. Thanks for the tip about the garage page.. So that's how you guys get that neat little stats thing next to your posts... I entered my fuel #s since 9/1/16, and looks like I'm doing better than I thought. 37.87. w00t!
The Following User Says Thank You to MPGee For This Useful Post:
elhigh (10-06-2016)