View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 11:56 AM   #14 (permalink)
MPGee
'07 Toyota Matrix - 36MPG

Small Red - '07 Toyota Matrix
90 day: 37.49 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackDuck View Post
How about putting a layer of plastic film over the floor to protect it, then place a plywood false floor and fill the space between them with expanding foam. The plastic will give a more robust outer surface and make it release cleanly from the floor whilst still bonding to the ply. Once cured it can be trimmed up and made more presentable. Be wary of the foam leaking out the sides and filling holes in the body. A variation on this (filling a plastic bag with the foam and sitting in it) is how I made custom fitted seat inserts to minimise body movement in my go kart.

Simon
Now that sir, is a genius idea. I have a giant plastic dropcloth under my desk right now that'd be perfect for this... If I end up sticking w/ this idea, I will certainly look into it!!

Biggest thing that made more livable for me right now is that I hung the factory cargo 'net across the front of the cargo area, so that stuff placed there doesn't slide forward, and I hung a cloth, so that I can easily hide cargo placed where the back seat is. Sound dampening is #2.