Thread: '98 Chevy Metro
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 06:03 PM   #44 (permalink)
TooMuchGlass
Rookie Modder

EX 35 - '08 Inifinti EX35 Journey AWD

The Metro - '98 Chevy Metro
Hey all,

It has been a great 3 years with my Ol' Faithful, with high 40's and the occasional 50+tank. However, now we are having a bit of trouble in Paradise, and I was hoping you all could help me out.

My '98 Chevy Metro 1.0L 5-speed was bucking and having a hard time getting into gear this morning. Some shifts were smooth, but some were all but impossible.

I drove it right back home, and when I got home tonight, I finally was able to loosen the fill plug to check the transmission fluid level. The manual says it should be at the bottom of the plug, but a pizza-sized puddle formed under the car from fluid running out of the fill port. I screwed the plug back in, as some was still running out.

I have maintained this car as well as I know how, including having the local shop drain and fill the transmission again several months ago. He said the fluid looked fine, no cause for alarm as far as he could tell.

I don't really know where to go from here, but I know you guys have a wealth of information. Can you help me out?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.