View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 12:28 PM   #35 (permalink)
cowmeat
Master EcoModder

Princess Carriage - '20 Ford Explorer Limited

Silver - '22 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT w/tow pkg
Maverick Hybrids
90 day: 41.3 mpg (US)
Quote:
The only thing sport mode does is make the throttle more sensitive to changes. It doesn't change the amount of current the battery draws at the given percent throttle. Just 20% in normal is equal to say, 35% in sport so it 'feels' faster but really isn't, it just doesn't take as much throttle for the same 'oomph'. If you put it in sport and hammer it off the line, 100% throttle, it feels the exact same as normal doing the same.
That dull, slow response time is same reason I ended up pulling the TPS smoothing circuit out of the Insight and giving it to one of you guys, lol!

In sport mode the Volt reacts instantly, but I'll blow through the battery reserve really quick if I use it much. Actually, this morning I eased my way to work, leaving me 24 miles of battery just so I could play around with sport mode on the way home

Also, is the battery reserve it shows you adaptive to your driving style? I charge it every night, and every morning it's given me a mile or two more reserve showing on the screen. This morning it showed 40 miles for the charge