View Single Post
Old 10-16-2016, 05:28 PM   #229 (permalink)
planejob
BeginnerModder

Runs using Key for start, run, and stop!

Ok, so I've been studying on the wiring for a few days. I'm unfortunate enough to have the factory shop manuals: they clarify one thing and confuse the next two. But really, they are pretty useful.

When I took the gasoline engine out I refrained from cutting wires. I just unplugged all of the connectors and stashed it out of the way.

I was able to reuse some of the connectors, and pulled power from the correct circuit for the starter. The diesel engine has a fuel shutoff solenoid that is normally off, and requires a "trip open" wire that is powered upon initial start (I put this on with the starter circuit) and a "hold open" wire that draws just enough power to hold the solenoid open while running - I wired this into a wire in the existing harness that is powered on only when the key is in run. perfect.

The third wire on the fuel solenoid is ground. I plan to put a temperature sensor in line here that is normally closed, and opens during an overtemp situation.

I pulled some wiring out. I have a LOT more to pull out. I'm going to finish opening up the harness and take out everything thing that is not necessary... eventually:

And here's a video of it doing it's thing with the KEY. THEY KEY!!
[youtube]https://