View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 03:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
JLC
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhigh View Post
Unless you added EFI to it, I know that 1980 Toyota PU is only going to be measured tank-to-tank.

I have looked into analog fuel computers. They're spendy and you usually have to add a flow meter to them for instantaneous feedback. For that I just recommend a vacuum gauge.

I don't think the OBD1 protocols are the same as the OBDII, so even constructing a wiring adapter still wouldn't serve your purposes to hooking anything up to it, not anything that was expecting to read OBDII. In that instance I reckon the customizability of the MPGuino is your friend, you can make it talk to pretty much anything with an engine computer.
The 80 Toyota pickup is planned to get a 2jz (supra) engine in it down the road at which point would be fuel injected. (sorry didn't give that info prior)

as far as the OBD2 port wired to the OBD1 harness, after reading your post I believe you're absolutely correct. the system is speaking English while the OBD2 scan gauge is trying to read German (figuratively)

So back to the drawing board with the MPGuino. I finished my MPGuino and now time for install and testing.

Last edited by JLC; 10-21-2016 at 06:13 PM..