Thread: CVT coasting
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 11:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
ShinyMew
EcoModding Lurker

Suzuki Swift '06 - '06 Suzuki Swift (Base)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Many argue that coasting in neutral is never safe, although I do not know if anyone here would say that.

There could still be other issues, like worn wheel bearings. Has it always done this?
I saved this car about 6 months ago after seeing it lying on a nature strip where the owner said it had apparently sat for three years. After several professional inspections, repairs and replacements many of the issues it had were resolved except the problem of the front-left tyre deflating by approximately 1psi per week (the other wheels losing around .3psi a week). I had this wheel looked at by a tyre centre and valve stem supposedly 'fixed' but on probing for further info as to the condition of the wheel 'bearings' were never mentioned...

It's always done this, though the transmission is much louder than it used to be when travelling at speeds above 70km/h (unfortunately there are pretty much no CVTs for this car left in the country unless I find a donor and in any case I want to replace the car with a manual version one day when another red one pops up).