View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 01:12 PM   #22 (permalink)
CappAttack
EcoModding Lurker

IThanks for the amazing and detailed responses! I was actually considering a mufflerectomy and ventectomy. Also plan to get a skid plate for under the engine bay Evolution Import: Atlas Skid Plate Kit With Oil Drain Hole & Cover For MK4 Volkswagen New Beetle, Golf & Jetta (TDI)
It will add about 26 pounds to vehicle weight.

Previous owner told me that the water pump and timing belt were services about 1k miles before I got it. Ultragague currently reads that I'm getting 20mpg D:

Along with my leaky injector pump I am currently getting a p0704 code P0704 Clutch Switch Input Circuit Malfunction
Which doesn't make a ton of sense to me since my car is an automatic. It is shifting smoothly, you can feel a very slight shudder when it shifts 3-4. I am driving for economy 90% of the time. Don't rev it or go unreasonably fast without good reason (being late doesn't count). I will probably just glue down the door handle/switch panel on the driver side, it has broken loose from the door panel. Headliner needs to be glued up so I can have my rear window back. Rear driver side window seems to just be hopping off track whenever I try to roll it up. It keeps going if you give it a push.

What exactly is VAG-COM? I am unsure, beyond some searches telling me that it's software to monitor all of the sensors in my vehicle.

Any suggestions for what to replace my k&n with? Stock OEM?

Last edited by CappAttack; 10-28-2016 at 07:24 PM..