View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 09:24 PM   #25 (permalink)
CappAttack
EcoModding Lurker

Ventectomy is done, got the snow screen removed, and I got a paper filter to replace the k&n.

She threw a new trouble code on the way home from work today: P0740 Torque Converter Clutch Malfunction OBDII Engine Light Trouble Code | Engine-Codes.com
I checked the transmission fluid once I got home, it was low. Added about half a bottle (12 oz) of Lucas oil stop slip to top it off. Hopefully the code will clear up in the next few drive cycles and I won't have to do anything major...if I wind up having to add more that the second half of this second bottle of the stop slip I'm thinking of just using new vw atf. Any thoughts or ideas on that scenario? On a similar note: I am opening a savings account that will get about $75/month toward what I feel like is an inevitable transmission replacement about 2 years from now.

I plan on making an upper grill block and belly pan out of coroplast after this first tank runs out and I can get a baseline number for FE. I found a local shop that will sell me 4'x8' sheets for $24. The belly pan will run from the rear edge of the skid plate (once I get it) all the way to the rear bumper. I'm thinking of using sheet metal and pop rivets to work near the tail pipe.

Also got the head liner glued up! It doesn't look super bad now, just a little bad.

P.s. the p0704 code cleared before this one popped up.

Last edited by CappAttack; 10-29-2016 at 09:42 PM..