View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 11:34 AM   #28 (permalink)
CappAttack
EcoModding Lurker

Mpg I got for half a tank fill up is 40.3 mpg. I fabricated a missing piece of my air intake so that it routes to the upper grill properly. Also blocked the remainder of the upper grill, it did heat up a bit faster, about 1.5-2 miles instead of 3 miles to reach 190* F. I also fabricated some ductwork to help funnel air into my smic and cut a vent in the wheel well.

I got a new set of headlight lenses yesterday as the ones it came with were extremely foggy. The driver side lenses adjusted properly, the passenger one......it casts a spot about 8ft in front of my bumper. The adjustment screws are broke...I spent all night last night swearing at it and hoping to somehow reseat the adjusting point as others have said they can do online to no avail...alas, I may have to return them to Amazon.

I will look into a timing belt kit. I have my eye in the high mileage kit from kermaTDI.

Also interested in a skid plate, belly pan to connect said skid plate with the rear bumper, and (once everything works properly) some bi-xenon hid projectors.

I'm going to look at re calibrating the speedo, according to my phone GPS it's about 4mph slow. Maybe replace the gear oil while I'm down there?

I've read that vw prefers and encourages people to use castrol oils and Mann filters. Is this true? Does anyone know why?

Last edited by CappAttack; 11-02-2016 at 11:42 AM..