View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 09:23 PM   #42 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,597 Times in 7,080 Posts
I'd listen to Frank Lee, not the nay-sayers. Look at the bubble top on the van in the top of this picture:

http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/Thread-Thoughts-on-older-camper-vans

It would be a superior solution to your pylons. With a flat deck at the 'mid-line, you could put camper jacks in the fillets over the daylight opening.

You'd need to think about ingress/egress. Maybe a rear bulkhead that makes a ramp that swings down over the decklid? Here's a picture I drew in 19-mumble-mumble:

It could be adapted to your situation.

Quote:
It seems to match "the template" pretty well except I haven't figured out how to give it a flat bottom yet.
The Cd appears correct. Select everything below the mid-line and then delete or collapse the architecture. Make sure the bottom is closed. and then reduce the vertical dimension (be it Y or be it Z) to maybe 10%. This is a pragmatic deviation from the theory — the approach and departure angles are accommodated, and champhering that sharp edge will 'bellmouth' the underbody.

On the motorhome pictures I posted I preserved 2 of the 6 courses of triangles and flatted the rest. The motorhome pictures are based on a 6-frequency octahedral shape defined with 8x19 or 162 vertexes. Your blimp model appears to have 36x24+2 or 866 vertexes.

Last edited by freebeard; 11-07-2016 at 01:06 PM..