Thread: New Guy
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2016, 09:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
compdrag
EcoModding Apprentice

24 Grom - '24 Honda Grom
90 day: 121.34 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95vx View Post
Hello everyone! I just joined the eco-modding community today. I purchased a '95 Civic VX. Only 154,000 miles! Aside from a rusty door, and small rust hole in the rear quarter, it feels great. I can't wait to start this project. If anyone has any tips, or could point me in the right direction to some quick beginner mods I would be grateful!

The exhaust is also cracked and loud so I will be replacing that soon. What is the best option for headers and exhaust? Best mpg with stock, or would I see more gains from a stainless aftermarket? Thanks again for any help guys.
A passenger side mirror delete would be an easy diy, If i remember right the EG has options out there for it.

JDM EG '92-'95 Civic Coupe/Hatch Side Mirror Block Off Plate | Password JDM

That one is a bit pricey, but i know there are others out there.
Blocking the grill is also easy in those cars as well.

Bump up the tire pressure. I know some on here go above 40psi, I myself didn't want to commit to that yet and run 35. I will in the warm weather bump it up.

Get a gauge to help you with feedback on your driving so you can see what your doing the nut behind the wheel is the best mod out there.

Finally get on here ask questions, read blogs from others, and just educate yourself with things. I get the question all the time why do that one thing it will only give you a small amount on the return. Well If you keep adding little things they just add up over time giving you a bigger gain in the long run.