View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 12:09 AM   #18 (permalink)
autoarcheologist
EcoModding Lurker

Clipper - '80 American Clipper 21' Rear Kitchen

Mercedes - '05 Mercedes Benz E320 Wagon, base
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmover View Post
Glad to read what you've wrote.

The dual exhaust will need a crossover. X-style. FYI: Press bends in a system reduce reduce TOTAL system to the worst interior diameter. This will matter when engine is under load. Heat will build in engine compartment. Answer is not larger diameter pipe, but mandrel bends. David Vizard is the expert, here.

Take it to Hendersons. Have them road test and write you an estimate. Their parts are outstanding (Super Steer). Do those installs as you will if DIY is contemplated.

Front and rear antisway bars must work together as to sizing. Get their rear axle Panhard Rod. I'd also go with every single front end part they have.
I'll do some more research on how I could improve the exhaust once I get through more pressing issues. Unless I'm struggling for power then it will probably get bumped up the priority list.

Hendersons is a good 2.5-3 hours from here, but if we plan to be down there I will certainly have them give it a look. I will also look through their catalog and see what they have for the old Dodge's.

Thanks!