View Single Post
Old 11-10-2016, 05:44 AM   #63 (permalink)
WyrTwister
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Oh, and on a related note, my 80+ year old dad actually preferred riding in the Mirage over his Civic:

- The Civic sits noticeably lower than the Mirage, making it harder for him (with his creaky back) to get in & out
- The Mirage's suspension is tuned more for comfort than handling. His back prefers comfort these days.

Both of these cars are remarkably quiet to drive in when driven lightly to moderately, because their CVT's are programmed for economy, with surprisingly low engine RPM. On the other hand, because they both have small engines and snowmobile transmissions, they get downright raucous when you want fast acceleration.

I also think the Mirage's CVT drives better than the Honda's. The Civic's is lurchy, rubber-bandy, and inconsistent.

Why he bought that Civic I'll never be sure.
I can sympathize with your Dad , about the creaky back / bones / joints . Too low to the ground is a problem . Whether you are talking about vehicles , couches , chairs , etc. . My daily driver is a company Silverado . Not much problem getting in and out .

What is the MSRP for the little test car ?

God bless
Wyr