View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 03:28 AM   #22 (permalink)
Erasmo
Two weels Zero sparkplugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gil View Post
I like what you have started with that fairing, it looks aerodynamic. As for the wind buffeting, you could try a spoiler that attaches to the top of the wind screen. I have heard of good results with them, I'm in the process of figuring out a windshield arrangement for my Honda PCX.

Here is one such example.
Puig Clip-On Windscreen Visor - RevZilla
We'll see if it is needed after a few test rides. Should be easy to mod on if needed but I hope not because it is not good for the streamline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
I raked the windscreens on my bikes down so that my helmet was in the full airstream, but my breast was in the windshade. At a certain angle the buffeting drops noticeably, which helps of course.
The AM windscreen on my XJ750 was narrow and rounded and could be held fairly upright.
The windscreen on my CB400n was flattish and kept buffeting somewhat even when tilted back strongly. In both cases though my helmet needed to be in full air.
I'm trying to get a bit higher windscreen so me helmet more or less is beneath the buffering. I also ride in the winter so some shading from the wind would be neat.