View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 05:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
LittleBlackDuck
EcoModding Apprentice

CT - '11 Lexus CT200h Luxury
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacCarlson View Post
I got it second hand. The previous owner was going to scrap it after buying a new truck, so he gave it to me. It has a few dings, but no major damage. It was a farm truck, still is. My brother swears the motor is out of a bigger truck, because it sounds different and has lots more torque than any other 300 that we have seen (25+). Everyone thinks it is a diesel motor, haha.

The mounts are right for the truck. They are the only mounts listed. My question is why the brackets on the motor don't line up right. The holes are too far apart by a little more than an inch. Everything looks straight as far as motor, trans, and frame. I have doubts that these mounts will hold up even after the fixing, so going to diy solid mounts is fine and dandy with me. The amount of torque on these mounts under full load is over 1,000 ft lbs and they can't take it. It ends with a very loud bang/pop, and the motor/trans rolling sideways, taking out wires, hoses, and anything else in the way. I am sick of fixing stuff when it happens. The more I think about this, the more I want to fab some solid mounts and call it good.

My brother said he will come over this weekend and take a look too, just to make sure I didn't miss anything. Motor really did come out of a bigger truck and it has the wrong brackets on it? I don't know.
Sounds like the motor is different dimensionally to the mounts on the truck. Don't go solid, rather make some brackets and use stiff rubber mounts.

Simon