View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 09:22 PM   #24 (permalink)
skybolt
deviant

s2k - '02 Honda s2000
I'd have been happy to do the drag race code --- I'd have followed your syntax for the other functions ... once you have that done I'll make improvements to the drag function as follows:

1. rename to acceleration stats
2. Add second line to display (subtitle) to list fuel statistics for accel. This makes the drag useful to all users, as hypermilers will want to know how much fuel it takes them to reach cruising speed, or how much fuel to cover the first n feet/meters.
3. Update distance to show hundredths of miles in decimal format, then feet. Supress showing feet until n mph/kph
4. Update all json functions to be metric/imperial friendly.
5. Add serial config utility (I will hijack the LCD display routines to mirror that over serial, add a cursor designator so that 802576 with a blinking 2 on the LCD will appear as 80_2_576. This will allow serial config using the three main buttons.

This will take me some time, but will pay dividends in the long term. Also, I have new name for the project, it's obvious but it fits. "MPiGuino"

Question: is there a global call for metric/imperial designator? i.e., can I call "units" and have it return miles, mph vs km, kph. If this is obvious in the code I will find it.
The Following User Says Thank You to skybolt For This Useful Post:
t vago (11-19-2016)