View Single Post
Old 11-23-2016, 03:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,607 Times in 7,088 Posts
Quote:
And I know you know more than me.
Ha! Let's start with what's AIR?

I saw a NOS Dexter axle at the hippy recyclers, but it was gone before their sale day. It had a part number but no capacity labeling. It looked to be about right for a teardrop.

Quote:
Would greatly enjoy any thread on that trailer if you started one herecor elsewhere. There's a thread on AIR with pics which indicates your trailer is actually an Airstream. See "Southern Pacific".
I wish. My brother bought (at auction) and resold 3 of those in the 1980s. He never offered me one. They had bunks and twin lavatories. Mine is a 35ft, with canted front and rear fiberglass end caps.

I might post a picture after I pressure wash it. But most of the changes would involve the steel kitchen cabinet to replace the plywood and chipboard one and a fiberglass shower stall to replace the aluminum box (it doesn't drain well).

The only reason I have the spare axles is that they were under a trailer that burnt. One of the advantages of living in a 'gated community'.

Edit: I reread you comments. I should be able to find AIR since it's a website.

Disk brakes would be nice but if it ever moves, it will probably be on a Lo-boy trailer. Best would be onto a log raft laid across aluminum pontoons with walkways on both sides.

I never get tired of rewatching the Black Currant hook up on the green.

2nd Edit:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f537...er-112376.html

Well, there you go.

It's like that except it's got a 4x24ft pipe and corrugated metal sun shade on the top. The ad said it was an Airstream but I hadn't believed it.

Last edited by freebeard; 11-23-2016 at 05:07 PM..