View Single Post
Old 11-24-2016, 05:20 PM   #88 (permalink)
101Volts
Master EcoModder

Woody - '90 Mercury Grand Marquis Wagon LS
Last 3: 19.57 mpg (US)

Brick - '99 Chevrolet K2500 Suburban LS
Last 3: 12.94 mpg (US)

M. C. - '01 Chevrolet Impala Base
90 day: 17.09 mpg (US)

R. J. - '05 Ford Explorer 4wd
90 day: 16 mpg (US)
Somehow my F.E. went down (temperature change is part of it, no doubt) and I decided to stop the pre-ignition issues we've been having which I never mentioned before. Most fuel I've run in this car is 87 E10 and over the last few thousand miles it feels like it's been losing power uphill so I got two bottles of Amsoil P.I. (I'm not over-treating the fuel) to hopefully clean out the valves and combustion chambers and I filled up with 91 Octane E0 today at the station I said I wouldn't fill at. It's one of the only stations that sells E0 near me, this pump is specially for E0 and it didn't have an overshooting problem when I pumped unlike at the other pump. It may be a bit early to tell but I haven't noticed as much pre-ignition even after hard acceleration since the fill. It's still there but it's not as bad.

I haven't changed the spark plugs or wires for five years and the carburetor hasn't been worked on since before I got the car at the very least, it's only been 13k miles since the spark plugs were replaced but considering I've mostly run 87 E10 they may have considerable deposits.

Last edited by 101Volts; 11-24-2016 at 05:25 PM..