View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 05:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
LittleBlackDuck
EcoModding Apprentice

CT - '11 Lexus CT200h Luxury
Welcome! Not being too familiar with the structure of the US education system I am unsure what level you are at. Forgive me for speaking in terms that may not be familiar but I will try to explain below.

In Australia, we have 6 years of primary (elementary) school followed by 6 years of secondary school. This is where the streams divide.
You can take on a trade by apprenticeship and study while working (auto mechanic, electrician etc)
You can study at a TAFE (Technical and Further Education) and get a certificate /diploma (massage, childcare, aged care etc)
You can go to university and get a degree (medicine, finance etc)

You sound like a hands on kind of person, and I f you want to learn about automotive brake, steering and suspension systems then it sounds like the apprenticeship /TAFE stream with more hands on experience will serve you well unless it is the design area, in which case mechanical engineering at university will probably be more suitable. You should also be able to add in extra subjects that reflect your interests. Aerodynamics and some of the aerospace stuff would be very useful in my opinion for the ecomodding angle.

Simon