View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 07:34 PM   #51 (permalink)
ECONORAM
halos.com

ECONORAM - '07 Dodge RAM 1500 QC SLT flex-fuel
90 day: 18.16 mpg (US)

the Avenger - '08 Dodge Avenger SXT
90 day: 27.06 mpg (US)
Send a message via Yahoo to ECONORAM
Got a couple of pictures snapped today of my right side skirt.

Yes, I run mudflaps. I try to keep my paint in good shape. My truck is now 10 years old with 100k miles and still runs like a champ.

I positioned the side skirt to use the front mudflap to block air entering the side skirt. The intent was to get close to the tire width (275mm) and keep that continuous to the rear tire.

The picture with the bent white plastic under the bolt head is taken from the underside of the truck. The white plastic is just to keep the bolt from pulling through the corroplast. I have 3 of the before mentioned "L" channel pieces bolted to the truck that I fasten the inside of the side skirt to. Couldn't keep it from falling down otherwise. (I tried) I also painted the pieces white to keep me from gashing my head on them when the panels are removed. (safety second, after the first gash...)
Didn't have to worry about bolts pulling through on the outside, as the plastic trim fasteners have the wide built in washer. They push into 2" long pieces of the "L" channel that are bolted to the nerf bar mounts. I mount the inside bolts and nutserts first, then fasten the outside push fasteners.

The distance between the wheel wells is about 8' 5", so I had to cobble a small piece onto the end since I only had 8' sheets of corroplast. Not worried about water intrusion, 'cuz that happens no matter what. And don't mind the red RTV on the inside. I think I was trying to seal the seam or cover the wires post-install. I'm using the wire to hold the box form. Each dimension is 4", except for the bottom which is 8" across.
___|
|_____|
That's roughly the shape as you look at the front end of the side skirt.

What do they do for MPG? Haven't tested ABA style. I completely destroyed my last speed sensor (can't find all the pieces either), so having to redesign it to get full MPGuino functionality again.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sideskirt1.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	21000   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sideskirt2.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	171.8 KB
ID:	21001   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sideskirt3.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	21002   Click image for larger version

Name:	Inside sideskirt attach point.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	21003  

Last edited by ECONORAM; 12-05-2016 at 07:45 PM.. Reason: forgot the pictures~?!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECONORAM For This Useful Post:
aerohead (12-10-2016), BamZipPow (12-07-2016)