View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 02:13 PM   #272 (permalink)
Erasmo
Two weels Zero sparkplugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Zackary View Post
It wouldn't be a bad idea to discuss first all ecological choices first and then compare their disadvantages and see if they're too much of a disadvantage or not.

The first that pops up in my mind is a car rental. The disadvantage is purely pride, I guess. Why buy a new electric car and then rent an ICE car? This is definitely a viable option, but something in my mind keeps pushing me away from the idea. If there were some 15kW-20kW super low emissions engine for cheap I could just strap on and go that would make my day...
Don't you have something like an AirnBnB for cars? Where people can rent out their cars to others for a price they can set them self and the company makes sure that all the risks etcetera are insured.

And here's a thought, albeit a bit controversial maybe... It seems that you're local infrastructure still has some issues to support EV-only in the region. Why not trade the Leaf for something plug-in like a Volt or i3, more than enough e-juice to do the in town errands(38 miles), you can still charge it at home and in the town to maximise e-range and if you need to go to Denver no props.
The Following User Says Thank You to Erasmo For This Useful Post:
Isaac Zackary (12-06-2016)