View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 09:32 PM   #17 (permalink)
Nerys
Grrr :-)

Cherokee - '88 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 19.44 mpg (US)

Ryo-Ohki - '94 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)

Vger 2 - '00 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
90 day: 30.27 mpg (US)
Is your 22mpg "corrected" for your odomoter value adjustment? If your speedo is off almost 99% certain your odo is off as well by the same percentage :-)

My jeep has auto hubs and select track (cherokee XJ) I will verify but my front drive shaft should not be spinning at all when I am in 2wheel mode. Is this specific to TJ's ?

Right now mods mean nothing to me as I am netting a measily 18-19mpg (bad O2 Sensor grr those things are expensive and while I have in fact spent TWICE the cost of an O2 sensor in extra gas sadly the O2 Sensor seller will not take "payments" :-) hehe

I am curious about the alt disconnect. I run the air (its just too hot not too) so I am not sure if I could make my commute and the second half is at night. While I do not need the air at night lately I do need the lights.

Also what has it done to your battery in wear and tear? IE have you factored the cost of sooner battery replacement in?

I imagine your largest savings will be the front shaft disconnect if your is always spinning otherwise. I guess I am going to have to check mine and see if it spins.