View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 03:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,585 Times in 7,069 Posts
One foot was your idea. Take out all the windows, cut the posts alternately at the top and bottom and raise the roof the height of the original window opening. Move it one window forward or back, or split it and move half each way and put a hatch in the middle. Connect the posts and stack pairs of windows. You'd have to panel in half the window openings with something else.

The windows in a school bus are too low when your standing anyway.
______

All the plasma device has to do is speed up the air locally, right at the surface, inhibiting separation. Then the air further away doesn't have to move as much; sort of like judo. If I understand correctly. One watt per meter sounds low to me too; but what do I know. At 25Kv that's milli-amperes.
______

I take your point on the composting toilet. Two 30-gallon drums? Ship them home via Fed-Ex?
______

By cherry picker, I meant a utility bucket. Except I'd want to replace the bucket with a lounge chair with a little umbrella. You could run it up inside an Apple tree and sit there to read books.

Or place the 'forearm' parallel to the ground and throw a tarp over it to make a tent.

Or use it as an engine hoist.
______

The solar panels are expensive but you could have an aluminized shutter that you could open to reflect more sunlight onto the panels, or as an awning. Split down the middle or hinged/latched from either side.
______

It's more like the Kamm-back is an incomplete Morreli 'fluid tail'. Kamm, Morelli, Hucho and Jaray are all authoritative. Look to aerohead's posts. Hucho talked about retractable tails. Here's my own attempt: