View Single Post
Old 12-10-2016, 02:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
tvbd56
0.29 Cd and decreasing

Red Rocket - '90 honda CRX HF
Team Honda
Team "Old SKOOL"
90 day: 53.46 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackDuck View Post
Using an app like GasBuddy to optimise fuel costs may save more for less effort...

Also, what fuel are you using - do some research on what works best in the vehicle because higher octane may save money over that distance.

Simon
I have gas buddy, and I think I'm going to print out their "Heat map" which shows gas prices by color. yes, that would be the easiest way to safe is planning our route.

I've been putting 87 Octane in the car, I haven't read the owners manual yet. It'll probably be reading material for when I'm the passenger. I wouldn't think mazda is one of those cars that needs 91 or up but I could be wrong.

I have a Upper grill block that is a perfect size that was used on my Civic and just need to make a lower grill block.

Another question for you all. We will pack up the car with clothes/food/ect. so there will be some extra weight. Other than the extra weight lowering the car fractions of an inch could the extra weight help us? Maybe when we're driving hills and use the downslope to gain speed? Or on flat terrain the car would have more momentum which would make the car able to roll farther?

I know generally extra weight is not beneficial but my best tank in my CRX was packed up to go camping W/ ~400-500 extra lbs on a freeway with lots of grade changes. Just curious if my mind is thinking correctly or not!