View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 11:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
hayden55
Master EcoModder

Sport Utility Prius - '10 Toyota Prius II
90 day: 52.98 mpg (US)

300k Sequoia 4WD - '01 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4wd
90 day: 20.19 mpg (US)
Haha no, we are using heat. We have one roommate that acts like a girl and in the summer he has to have the AC on 68, and in the winter he'll ***** unless the heat is on 71F. Finally, I just locked him out of the thermostat and took a group vote. Yeah i'm definitely going to look into the getting the bathroom vent timer, and about 3-4 motion sensors for the shared rooms. On the water heater it did have to be a specific type, like econet enabled or something so it was compatible with the thermostat. I'm not sure if that made gas heaters compatible or what, but yeah... I'm trying to do easy stuff that I can take with me when I move and turn this house into a rent house. Some of these smart home things would make a fantastic dream house when I can afford to build exactly what I want. Imagine being able to use all of these items, and have a home equipped with solar that produces more energy than it needs! (I swapped from mechanical engineering student to apprentice electrician so yeah its my hobby )