View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 02:20 PM   #37 (permalink)
t vago
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
updated to latest code

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybolt View Post
My first order of action will be to modify the loop time to allow for .01 sec resolution during the acceleration times, then see how badly that affects RPM, then look at putting in an RPM buffer so that dropping to zero takes 3 or 4 shortened loops.
Why? All acceleration times already have about 0.001 second resolution, as they stand now.

Do you want to change the overall period of the instantIdx trip variable? That is done by changing the loop time. Currently, it's set to 500 ms, but could be set to 250 ms (4 loops/sec) without overloading the loop. However, going beyond 4 loops/sec will not have the desired effect. Data gathering will not be affected, but your output time resolution will suffer as the loops themselves get overloaded.

I guess I really have no idea what you want to accomplish by adding this RPM buffer.

One more thing - you'll probably want to use the attached code. It's the latest version, but it does have some untested modifications that I have to verify.

Update: The current version of my MPGuino code may be found here.

Last edited by t vago; 01-06-2017 at 12:14 AM.. Reason: provided link to current code