View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 02:12 AM   #102 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
This is a woman so no, we are not still talking. She bought the car before I was able to take her. She let me drive it and I wondered if she test drove it, but she apparently let the salesman persuade her.
It was jerky below 20 MPH and shifted hard. She said the door locks did not work, but I looked up how to use them, although they did not seem to work every time. I thought it was absurd you could not lock the door with the key. She said the car turned off twice when she was turning. The dealership told her that she must be bumping the key. The ignition is down by the shifter:

I do not have any idea who thought of that or how anyone thought it was a good idea, nor how she thought that was a reasonable explanation.

If it is lower than the seat, how can she possibly hit it with her leg?

I linked this in a previous discussion. He said it had incredible leg room and even though I am ten inches shorter than him, I think he is an idiot. There is still space behind the driver's seat, which does not go back as far as the passenger's.

I do not have any idea if she kept the car. I do not care to find out.

I watched a video comparison between the smrtcar and the IQ and it honestly seemed like the Scion was better in every way, but Green Car Reports says that while the IQ is rated better, the Yaris did better in their testing, and people report the same on fueleconomy.gov, although HX still does 1% better.

Twenty percent of reporting Yaris drivers get better fuel economy than I do in Chorizo.