View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 09:10 AM   #130 (permalink)
slowmover
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
So, as follow up, what can a given TT do?

There are those who remove the propane system in favor of all electric operation. Okay, what can it do?

There are now those who remove the ICE drivetrain. Okay, what can it (combined vehicle) do?

If two weeks for a married couple is a reasonable expectation for a TT while boondocking, then, in a specification-by-specification comparison . . . ?

In terms of "importance" from this angle the TV has one-third of the weight of the TT if not less.

From an annual perspective where all miles matter, not so much as above. It's the usual direction of things.

But I say that to shortchange the boondocking analysis is to potentially miss a huge chunk of utility. Energy-consciousness in a nutshell.

I'm none too impressed by the stunt of very high MPG with a solo driver. Load that vehicle to maximum and make all the adjustments and you have my attention. Might be some dark horse candidates hidden by high & happy MPG as is normally considered.

Same approach to RV s then

Don't forget to state this limitation set.

Again, from this utility mindset it's not at all impressive to have to move every second or third day because one cannot any longer go without some form of replenishment. (What an individual says he plans to do is not the point).

I look forward to what the OP and others have to say about the EV+TT equation
As time goes on.

Last edited by slowmover; 12-16-2016 at 09:16 AM..