Thread: Hi, I'm Scott.
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 04:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
ThermionicScott
ScanGauge <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Charlie View Post
We already are, unfortunately.

Welcome aboard! Kudos on the bike- the secret here is to drive your car the same way, conserving momentum.
Thanks, Charlie! Even before I knew what "hypermiling" was, some of my bike habits (good and bad) started leaking into my car driving. Like shifting to neutral and "coasting" down hills. I've also noticed a tendency to slow-and-go at stop signs, since stopping completely enough to put a foot down on the bike if no one else around is annoying. So that's something to keep an eye on, since getting pulled over (in the car) for failure to come to a complete stop can't be good for FE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
There is a fossil fuel free subforum here, and an alternative transportation forum too. I post in them sometimes about my eBike 12 speed roadbike conversion. Which I am using today for my commuting and trips. Cali winter is pretty mild. It was in the 50s and slightly drizzly this morning at dawn when I left home. Nothing like the Old Country (NY/NJ/PA).
I need to check that out more, thanks. I don't have a whole lot of interest in powered bikes at this point, but I can see the utility for a lot of people.

Best tank (so far): 32 MPG