View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 12:41 PM   #2950 (permalink)
motorulf
EcoModding Lurker

I see there is an unused input on the dsPIC, as i understand the code it was planned for use as a regen throttle input but i was never used because the PIC cannot read both this and the neighboring temperature input, at least not if both are analog inputs.
So i am thinking, that pin could be used as a digital input for controlling reversing, a feature i really wish to have

So, i was poking around in the code a bit and edited it for my liking.
Im not shure about this though, im am not a programmer or an EE nor have i fully understood the currentRadiusRefRef variable and the sign variable.

I just posting this as an idea for people to have thoughts on, or maybe laugh at
Do NOT USE the code!
Do you guys think this will work?

Also an other idea i had late last night was to build a small board with connector that fits on the icsp header, instead of using the regen_throttle input. This board would use 2 pins (PGC/PGD), one for input of reverse switch, and one for a relay output.
My car has an gear lever that has a solenoid in it, so it can not move between different gears at the wrong moment.
Actually this is just a BIG switch as there is only 1 gear in the box, and all control is done in SW in the original controller...
anyway... thats what the relay is for
Pros with this: it simple to build an extension board that plugs in to existing controller board.
Cons: by using these pins you can not do debugging via icsp anymore. at least not as long the pins are defined as I/O in SW.
that is how i understand it, but i am wrong quite often

Code:
		if (RPS_times16 < 8) {  // if less than 0.5 rev per second, make sure there's no regen. Also allow changing into reverse
			if (currentRadiusRefRef < 0) currentRadiusRefRef = 0;
                if (I_PORT_REGEN_THROTTLE == 0) {   //check input for reverse switch
                    reversing = 1;
                {                
                else{
                    reversing = 0;
                }
            }
		}
        if (reversing = 0){
		if (currentRadiusRefRef < 0) {
			currentRadiusRefRef = -currentRadiusRefRef;
			sign = -1;
		}