View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 11:58 AM   #25 (permalink)
sallen
EcoModding Lurker

VW GOLF - '96 Volkwagen Golf MK3 GL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 50.21 mpg (US)

Commute scoot - '95 Suzuki AE50 Style
Last 3: 70.4 mpg (US)

The German - '99 Mercedes W202 C200 Classic
90 day: 27.65 mpg (US)
Thanks - I was just logging on to say it was locking up.

I'll give the new one a try.

In terms of the imperial mod, all that did was give crazy high gal/hr figures (and correspondingly small MPG figures), and broke the autocalculate of the mL/min to (which was coming out very small again).

I changed it to keep the same number of digits (using a several decimal pace version of the UK gal / litres conversion figure.
Code:
,4546090281ul  // numerator to convert Imperial gallons to liters  ,1000000000ul // denominator to convert Imperial gallons to liters
...and it still came out crazy high on the gal/hr - I think this was because the microsec/gal figure was autocalculating very small (e.g. 5 or 6 digits).

I self calculated microsec/gal and it was wrong (crazy low this time, bu a factor of about 100 or so). So I guessed that the microsec/gal param was in US gallons still and used the value from lb/hr to microsec/gal spreadsheet.

I'm now using American microsec/gal and the imperial mod in teh code tags above and it's reading sensible numbers. Hopefully enough to make meaningful calibration adjustments at the end of each tank!

Will you recoup money spent on mods in fuel saved? see my spreadsheets here