View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 04:08 PM   #198 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
l'il update

*got the blister extensions painted.
*we'd been under hail threat and I'd re-attached the main hood blister to keep it from blowing away.
*yesterday got to 72-F and I got the original hood blister color sanded,along with the exposed hood area.
*by 3:00 PM I had Spirit covered with a drop cloth, masked off,and I shot it with 2-cans of Rustoleum Acrylic Enamel gloss white.Looks good from 50-yards away.
*I got a few photos and will try to post them Saturday.Copy-Pro's been closed the last two weekends for the holidays.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've got to tear my office apart to get to my computer file which has my old ebay and PayPal data which has languished for years.I may need all this for the online purchases.
*The results from the new test equipment was a little ambiguous,but I couldn't discern any definite signal from the igniter to the coil,nor the ECM to the igniter.Since signals are supposed to be traveling to and from the ECM,any glitch which would dis-enable the ignition would be hard to pin down.The manuals tell you to take the parts to Toyota and have them test them,and don't really offer bench-testing procedures.
BamZipPow (01-03-2017)