View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 12:39 PM   #43 (permalink)
Erasmo
Two weels Zero sparkplugs

Such tails are good for a motorway cruiser but I have to filter and go down narrow city streets, usually on the edge of what is allowed/sensible to get pole position at the traffic light if you know what I mean
There will be a small improvement on the rear for charger mounting and added drag resistance but the benefit of front fairing is that you can just scoop up an existing fairing and adapt it instead of breaking new grounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by briantrice View Post
I have the DBL2 installed and a decent first paintjob.

I'm sorting out the windscreen to close up the front still, so drag reduction is minimal right now with a lot of air just flowing inside.

The Dzus fasteners are pretty handy but the mounts on the structure underneath are provisional and I'm working out how to fasten everything perfectly.

My windscreen's aerodynamic tuning is no longer suitable: since the nose is doing a lot of work on the air, the windscreen is now pushing too much air and resulting in a vortex that strikes me in the back a bit. It's possible I'll have to downgrade the windscreen to get the right effect.

On the other hand, everyone likes the look so far! I'll be augmenting the single blue stripe appearance with a vertical stripe up and around the opening so it has an "arrow" side profile.
The dustbin looks good an sich but the gaping hole in it looks kinda odd if I'm honest... How about extending it a bit with the milk carton stuff? Did you already noticed increased range?