View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 02:13 AM   #19 (permalink)
craysus
EcoModding Lurker

There are some adjustable gap devices out there, but most seem prone to failure fairly quickly..especially when you change trailers frequently..you never know what the next trailer will be exactly..

Further, with refrigerated trailers, you need to feed the fridge motor some air..

I am studying as much as I can on the Vortex generators (twin closed vortex scrolls style.. (Kinda of a V shaped bit of plastic).) not sold on them 100%, however we have some in use already and they definitely keep the rear doors cleaner on the trailers their installed on currently.

We have not put them on the rear of the truck, or on the gap between trailers yet...merely on the back of the last trailer..I am now looking to get some of these at a reasonable price instead of the absolute rip off $5+ each they charge us from the suppliers currently!. As I will need around 18000 of them, thats a considerable chunk of change, so will approach some manufacturers to reproduce at a more realistic price..
They are on the market from multiple vendors, and are all basically identical (Small size changes, some have a strip with 4-5 of them, instead of single units etc..). Having had some car parts produced previously myself (Predominantly carbon fibre air intake systems for a sports car..and engine mounts for the same sports car) I am not worried in contacting people to get mass production at a reasonable price..
5 cents worth of plastic and glue should NOT be sold for $5...