View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 07:14 PM   #47 (permalink)
skybolt
deviant

s2k - '02 Honda s2000
I'll reply in more detail, but basically:

- I have a replicatable mpguino shield working with the Mega, in the car.
- josemapiro: the GUI works with any unix/linux computer that can read serial input. It even works on my mac! In theory there's no reason it couldn't use windows as long as python runs on it and I can figure out the syntax of reading from a serial port. The example is a raspberry pi and a small attached screen, but the goal is to use video output and show it over the head unit or other built in video screen in the car.
- I have a workaround for the scale bug, and have isolated the bug but haven't fixed it
- next step for me is to duplicate the shield in soldered form, get the code to run on a pro micro, properly (given the 8MHz clock speed).
- I'm seeing anomalous readings in the Mega, which is probably just because I don't understand all the parameters and how they affect calculations. (injector PSI for example). On the mega readings are about 5-10% too low (classic mpguinio reads about .42 gph at a idle, Mega reads about .39 gph.
- No matter what I do to reset the Mega's trip and current, my tank miles stays at 8.8. Will do further experiments in house (not in car) and it will be easier to start investigating.
The Following User Says Thank You to skybolt For This Useful Post:
josemapiro (01-12-2017)