View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 12:51 PM   #106 (permalink)
tf4624
Eco of course

Vapor system...

Quote:
Originally Posted by racprops View Post
That is what I am working on...without the flame heating, looking at electric heating at around 800 degrees..must be air tight and controlled system.

I have a design but need tech help with details and building such a system.

vapor system isnt to tough depending how "vapor" you want go. You have remember gas has a lot of stuff that makes it up. 3000 different fluids. each with its own chemical and thermodynamic characteristics. everything from almost propane to almost diesel. Gasoline today, ever since they changed how they make the fuel has additives that inhibit most vaporization techniques, either directly or by leaving residue. You have to get it to the base core of Methane. you also have to get the fuel to burn at detonation speeds if yo want to maximize efficiency after you break down the fuel. Any way this is a very long subject I rather not type out. I think you get the picture.

also i do have a mower running on vapor .. yes the oil is still clean as heck and the original and never has turned black. I can bet you if you take apart the engine it will super clean, almost new looking since there isn't any residue from un burned fuel.