View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 01:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
ThermionicScott
ScanGauge <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vman455 View Post
I went to (and taught at) a small ELCA university founded by Scandinavians as well, Pacific Lutheran University. My sophomore year, we interviewed for a new organ professor, and one of the candidates (a PLU grad who didn't get the job) is now Music Department chair at Luther. And my doctoral adviser at the University of Illinois was an interim professor at Luther as well.

Sorry, random Luther connections.
That's cool!

Quote:
I expect it will happen again when gas prices rise enough that people hurt filling up the trucks and SUVs they're purchasing like hotcakes now. When I started keeping track in 2012, I paid an average $3.50 for regular gas that year, with a fuel cost of 6.8 cents/mile. Last year, it was $2.10 average at 3.7 cents/mile. Not much difference for me, but filling up a 26-gallon truck would have meant $54 for a tank in 2016 vs. $91 in 2012.
For sure. If gas were to stay at current prices, my ScanGauge would take forever to pay for itself. But I like it anyway!

You've got me wondering if I should be scouting out my next small gas-sipping car now, while they're cheap. It's funny how cyclical these things are.

Best tank (so far): 32 MPG