View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 03:08 PM   #29 (permalink)
seifrob
Permanent Lurker

Dáčenka - '10 Dacia / Renault Logan MCV 1.5 dCi (X90 k9k)
90 day: 47.08 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThermionicScott View Post
I'm a little skeptic of their "proprietary speed-sensing radar technology" -- seems more like it's held closed by a weak spring that gets defeated by a strong enough wake.
You know, it's not exactly lying, its marketing . :-)

(Reality agent: "Calm place close to countryside.", English translation: "Seven miles to the closest grocery store". No one will buy "horse ****s", but "environment friendly, biodegradable fertilizer")

OTOH it is proprietary and speed sensing so it's 66% true. ;-). Their PR did good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craysus View Post
We have the moon wheels already under trial.... The trailers boat tails we can't use in Australia as we go over length by adding it on unfortunately
I was under the impression that foldable design had exception and the length restriction doesn't apply. Therefore it opens at speeds over city speed limit.

EDIT: I have checked. They claim they have "EXEMPT from U.S. DOT length restrictions" on their webpage. I know nothing about Australia though. But if it proves worth, maybe you can persuade them to get australian DOT approval too.

Last edited by seifrob; 01-12-2017 at 03:31 PM.. Reason: Grammar, check for exempt
The Following User Says Thank You to seifrob For This Useful Post:
ThermionicScott (01-12-2017)