View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 07:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
HeadlesNorseman
Honda Head

Rescue Toaster - '90 Honda Civic
90 day: 40.92 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoD~ View Post
I've wanted to do the same. Because I probably never will (more than I have), here was my idea...

Video 1 - Explain what Hypermiling is
Video 2 - How to Hypermile without changing your driving/speed (aeromods)
Video 3 - Hypermile without slowing down*
Video 4 - Becoming a standard Hypermiler
Video 5 - Becoming a Hypermiler Pro

*= This was the one I thought was critical. Showing how to read lights and coasting to stops that wouldn't actually reduce your times to get anywhere, etc. That stop sign up ahead and 3 cards? You wanna glide in as the car in front of you just leaves the stop, not stop behind him when the other cars are still there, for example. Learning light timing is definitely critical and the signs to look for with those. Anybody can do these things and it takes zero time out of their day. Once they see the gains there, the incentive to further advance down that addicting road skyrockets! (in my theory, anyways)

That about sums up what I was planning, lol.

this was more or less my main goal. the video is geared toward more of a practical, real life, how to. i started filming already. couple hours of footage and a few dozen hours of editing and trying not to be lazy and i should have number 1, with possible footage for all 3. most of the videos i have seen, kind of describe what the driver is doing but not a step by step process and most importantly WHY. more how-to and less theory with step by step breakdowns of what i am actually doing to the controls of the vehicle